Wednesday 19 September 2012

Meandering around Melbourne with Mia

Melbourne - 12th - 15th September

Today we arrived in Melbourne. We stayed in a campsite for three nights.  the fourth day we stayed in a hotel at Southbank in Melbourne.  We went on five trams, we saw trains and horse carriages.  We saw all sorts of elephants because theMelbourne zoo is 150 years old. 

We went to Scienceworks.  I got through a room of lasers without touching them.  Lachy found some levers and pulleys and Liam liked stacking bricks to make a huge wall.

We also went to the Museum.  I took heaps of photos of dinosaur skeletons and we saw a volcano erupt with 3D glasses and it made you go around in circles.  I was not dizzy.  A good horse called Phar Lap was poisoned by someone who wanted to kill it because he was such a good racing horse and he was displayed on the museum.

We went up the tallest building in Melbourne.  My ears went all funny because it was fast on the elevator.  We went outside on the balcony - it was floor 88 and you cant go any higher.  I said that the 88th floor was not hight enough.  When I looked down it was a pretty high distance but I just didn't think it was high enough for me.

 

 
 
 

 



From Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment