Thursday 4 October 2012

Watch out Tarzan, the Pitts are coming!

Monday 24th September
 
Liam:  Sam was lifting Lachy up and testing how strong it was.  Sam said that Lachy could ride on the zipline tomorrow.
 
Mia:  Today we wnt on the Zipline at the Otway Fly.  I went fast and it was a bit high. 
 
Kylie:  The Otway Fly is the largest Zipline in the southern hemisphere.  You can get up to speeds of 60km and hour with the longest zip being 120m long and 20m above the ground.   There is a heap of safety equipment and it's all very exciting getting sorted for the adventure.  Liam was attached to Shane, Mia attached to myself and Lachy was the smallest child that they had independently zipping in the two years that they have been operating.  We are so extremely proud of Lachy - it was such a huge achievement going outside of his comfort zone.  He only told me he was scared once, I said I wasn't (but really I was and I told him so after we had finished).  It was a fantastic experience and I can honestly say the longest zip was absolutely brilliant.  I thought I would never say that. 
 
The first two photos are Lachy with the guide, Sam who was double checking that Lachy fitted the equipment safely the day before we went on the zip.
 







Liam: Look at me, I am at the Zipline up very high.


Here's Mia and I getting loaded on.


 

Go Lachy go!!
 

 
We also had to walk across to two bridges.

 
This is cool!
 

 
 
 
Wow what an experience!!


 
 Now get in we've got some rock climbing to do after I have lunch.
 

Right, you ready, I'll drop you off at the top for some more adventure.  You lot just can't get enough
 




No comments:

Post a Comment